April 12, 2018
It has been a trend for a long time now to take your lunch in a jar to work. It makes your life easier and also makes you feel good about eating fresh, clean food that you made. Plus, the salad is in a jar so it looks and feels very chic. When making salad in a jar the options are endless, you can add quinoa or pasta to your vegetables, toasted nuts and any other ingredient that you like.
Here's one of my favorite salad in a jar recipe!
- 5 tablespoons of corn kernels
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 4 tablespoons of black olives
- A few lettuce leaves
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper by your taste
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard (it is usually very salty so keep that in mind when adding the salt)
- A few leaves of basil, finely chopped
- 1. Cut all vegetables into small cubes.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients.
- 3. You can choose to add the dressing only when eating the salad or directly to the jar but then it needs to be the first layer (the last thing you add so it sits on top) so it doesn't ruin the freshness of the vegetables.
- 4. Place the vegetables in layers in the jar; make sure you add the "wet" vegetables (like tomato) at the bottom so the "dry" ones (like the lettuce) will not get soggy.
- 5. Dig in and enjoy!
To pin the recipe for later click here
Looking for more vegan recipes? click here: