April 12, 2018
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. disclaimer
For some time now, there has been a growing trend of taking your lunch to work in a jar! Not only does it make your life easier but its also looks chic. Oh, you might even feel really good about eating those fresh, clean vegetables of yours too. When making a Jar Salad, the options are endless! You can add quinoa or pasta, toasted nuts, cheese and any other ingredient that you like. Besides, you get to choose the vegetables you add to your Jar Salad and that's half of the battle right there.
This easy and healthy Jar Salad recipe is exactly what you need to fuel your day:
- 5 tablespoons of corn kernels
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 4 tablespoons of black olives
- A few lettuce leaves
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper by your taste
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard (it is usually very salty so keep that in mind when adding the salt)
- A few leaves of basil, finely chopped
- Cut all vegetables into small cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients.
- You can choose to add the dressing only when eating the salad or directly add it to the jar but if you do add it to the jar, then it needs to be the first layer (the last thing you add so it sits on top) therefore it doesn't ruin the freshness of the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables in layers in the jar; make sure you add the "wet" vegetables (like tomato) at the bottom so the "dry" ones (like the lettuce) will not get soggy.
- Dig in and enjoy!
To pin the recipe for later click here
Looking for more vegan recipes? click here: