November 28, 2017
Last week I shared a tomato soup recipe, and guys, the most fun part of soup is dipping breadsticks in it. Don’t lie, you know it is! Therefore, to complete the meal, this week I am sharing this easy crunchy breadstick recipe. And for those of you who love a shortcut, listen up – in this recipe, you’ll need a ready-made puff pastry dough which makes this the ultimate easy recipe. And as far as an easy recipe goes, breadsticks are perfect! Especially if you’re having guests over you’d like to impress – just don’t tell them how easy it was to make (unless you really want to)!
- 1 pack of frozen puff pastry defrosted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Sesame seeds (a handful to be sprinkled on top)
- Poppy seeds (a handful to be sprinkled on top)
- Flex seeds (a handful to be sprinkled on top)
- Pumpkin seeds (a handful to be sprinkled on top)
- Salt (a handful to be sprinkled on top)
**Note that the dough comes with its own flavor so you may add as much salt and seeds as you prefer.**
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F degrees with the fan.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with milk.
- Cut the dough into stripes with a pizza roller.
- Brush the stripes with egg and sprinkle on the seeds.
- Wrap each stripe around itself so that it resembles a screw shape.
- Brush again with egg.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Dip in your favorite soup or just eat it as is - once you start with one you just cannot stop ;)
To pin the recipe for later click here