October 17, 2017
Not everyone is familiar with the Honey Cake but it’s one of those recipes that are traditionally made for the Jewish New Year. Why? It symbolizes a sweet year ahead, just like honey. For me, personally the Honey Cake reminds me of home, celebrating the holidays with my family. Of course this is an easy recipe, and while it doesn’t look fancy – it’s delicious.
- 6 eggs separated to yolks and whites.
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of black coffee- cooled
- 1. Make black coffee and let it cool completely.
- 2. Heat the oven to 180°C degrees with the fan.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the honey and baking soda together until it becomes a light brown color.
- 4. In the mixer bowl with a whipping hook, whip the egg whites and sugar to a light foam.
- 5. Add all of the other ingredients to the mixer bowl and continue whipping until all the batter is unified.
- 6. Pour into English cake molds.
- 7. Bake for about 45 minutes.
- 8. Cool at room temperature.
- 9. Garnish with honey or powdered sugar.
- 10. Goes without saying, but enjoy!