Chocolate chip cookies
May 19, 2017
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. disclaimer
Ahh, yes, the classic chewy chocolate chip cookie is one that has everyone reaching for seconds. However my recipe offers a little twist so you can get the ultimate crunchy, chewy cookie.
Plus the best part, you only need to wash one bowl! Now that sounds like heaven.
Take a look at the original recipe, although I’ve tweaked it for my own taste.
Ingredients (for about 12 cookies):
- 125 grams / 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup light brown demerara sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 100 grams / 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 360°F fan
- Mix the softened butter together with the light brown demerara sugar.
- Stir in one egg. Mix in the salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir in white flour and chopped dark chocolate until the dough is uniform.
- Place a quantity of a little less than a tablespoon at large intervals on a baking pan
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies are flattened and browned at the edges. Cool for full crunch.
To pin the recipe for later click here