Vanilla Cake Trifle
Delicious layers of sponge cake, fruits and whipped cream in a big glass bowl. Festive dessert anyone would love.
For the sponge cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract / paste
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
For the fruits:
- 2 cups fresh cut strawberries
For the cream:
- 1 can 14 oz. coconut cream (20% fat or more)
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract/ vanilla paste
For the sponge cake: Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F fan.
In a bowl, mix all the cake ingredients.
Grease a cake tin (the shape doesn’t matter).
Pour the cake batter to the tin.
Bake the cake for 30 minutes and cool at room temperature.
For the cream: follow the instructions of my vegan whipped cream recipe.
Assemble the trifle: cut the cooled cake to small cubes and place in the serving bowl as the first layer. Continue to create the second layer of cream on top of the cake. Arrange a layer of cut strawberries on the cream.
Repeat the layer arrangement and finish with a layer of strawberries.
Dig in and enjoy!