Oh man, raspberry sour cream bread. Now this is a dessert many of my friends go crazy over. This particular recipe is one that I first saw in this blog post. If you look carefully, you can see that Dorit, the blogger who wrote this recipe, originally even added my Instagram picture of this cake. I think my photography skills have improved since this picture, which I took nearly 3 years ago. I made some changes to the recipe after baking it so many times and now I consider it my own.
I have made this sour cream bread many times because it is so simple, quick and easy to whip up. Usually I am in charge of the desserts when I meet my friends and sometimes I do not have much time to bake so this sour cream bread is the solution for me. Besides, everyone always raves at how tasty it is so it's a win-win situation.
You only need one bowl and a spoon to make this yummy cake. I mean, it just doesn't get better than that. The ingredients needed for this recipe are ones you can find in my fridge any day. The frozen raspberries add a sour kick to the cake and really upgrade it. If you want to use something else, you can add chocolate chips or other frozen fruits instead.
The baking time for this cake is only 30 minutes so it is a very short time until your kitchen smells just like a bakery. I bake the cake in loaf shape tins, if you bake it in a round tin the baking time might be longer, check the center of the cake with a toothpick to see that it is not wet and fully baked.
Enjoy this simple easy quick raspberry sour cream bread just like me and my friends, be sure to tell me in the comments how it went!
Raspberry Sour Cream Bread Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 oz. | 500 grams) sour cream I used 5% fat
- 2 tablespoon frozen raspberries
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat them into the mixture.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well, try to avoid lumps.
- Grease 2 loaf tins / 12x4 inch tins.
- Divide the mixture evenly to the 2 tins.
- Add frozen raspberries in the middle of each cake - tuck them in.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Have a piece and enjoy!