Bread is one of the most basic pastries that anyone can name. It can be made with different flavors and ingredients in many traditional and modern ways. Need I mention just how tasty it is? I didn't think so!
To create a simple dough, you only need flour and water. With some extra ingredients, you can make an easy and quick flatbread as well.
This flatbread recipe I am sharing now doesn't require any yeast so there is no need to wait for the dough to rise. To help with a more airy texture, I used baking powder and for some fat, I used olive oil which is healthier than other types of oil. In most recipes for flatbread, you will need to use yogurt however, my recipe keeps it simple as you don't need yogurt and that is what makes it also vegan.
Here is the recipe for this yummy quick and easy flatbread:
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon olive oil for cooking
- In a bowl mix all of the dough ingredients into a unified dough.
- Knead with your hands for 2-3 minutes and shape into a ball.
- Divide the ball into 6 and roll each part into a disc shape.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a nonstick pan on high heat.
- Cook each disc of dough alone, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place the flat bread on a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Dig in!