This easy and quick recipe has become my favorite lately. In just a few minutes, and with only 5 ingredients, you can upgrade any boring rice to something finger licking delicious.
It is not a heavy dish but more of a light side dish to add to the main course and make into a full meal.
Moreover, it is vegetarian and can fit vegans too, especially when looking for a substitute for meat. Mushrooms come very close to the meaty taste and many vegans eat them regularly.
- 15 oz. (440 grams / 4 cups / 2 small baskets-packets) champignon mushroom chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped finely
- More basil leaves
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the basil leaves and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Sauté for 10 more minutes until the mushrooms turn tender and are a bit darker.
- Serve as a side dish and enjoy!