September 12, 2017
Don’t let the name scare you off! This Beet Bun recipe is perfect now that school is starting up again – it’s perfect when you want to be more creative with ordinary sandwiches! Just by adding a splash of color to the buns and you’ve got yourself a creative solution. These pink buns are yummy and healthy, plus they appear extravagant. You can fill them with any paste you like; moreover the beet adds flavor and upgrades it more than just a regular sandwich.
- 4 cups / 500 grams of flour
- Tablespoon of sugar
- Tablespoon of dry yeast
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup / 250 milliliters of water
- 1 medium raw beet thinly grated
- 1. Put all the dough ingredients into a mixer bowl and mix with a kneading hook for about 10 minutes. It is important to clean the sides of the bowl every few minutes to ensure that all the materials have been combined.
- 2. Grease the bowl and make sure all the dough is greased too, cover with plastic and let the dough rest in a warm place for an hour or until the dough doubles its volume.
- 3. Heat the oven to 170°C / 340°F degrees fan.
- 4. Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- 5. Roll each piece into a small, round bun and arrange all of the buns on a baking pan with a baking paper in large intervals.
- 6. Bake for 17 minutes.
- 7. Cool the buns and fill with your favorite paste.
Lastly, enjoy! And don’t be surprised if other moms are asking you for this amazing recipe!