Don’t let the name scare you off! This Beet Bun recipe is perfect now that school is starting up again – it’s great when you want to be more creative with ordinary sandwiches! Just add a splash of color to the buns and you’ve got yourself a creative solution. Plus, if you have kids, they will absolutely love eating pink bread! And you don't even need to tell them just how healthy the buns are!
These pink buns are yummy and healthy, plus they appear far more extravagant then they actually are. Their fluffy texture makes them the perfect choice for creating sandwiches, especially when it's breakfast time. You can fill them with any paste you like; moreover the beet adds flavor and upgrades it to more than just a regular sandwich.
Enjoy these vegan yummy buns and don’t be surprised if other moms are asking you for this amazing recipe!
- 4 cups (500 grams) flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium raw beet thinly grated
- Put all the dough ingredients into a mixer bowl and mix with a kneading hook for about 10 minutes. It is important to clean the sides of the bowl every few minutes to ensure that all the materials have been combined.
- Grease the bowl and make sure all the dough is greased too, cover with plastic and let the dough rest in a warm place for an hour or until the dough doubles its volume.
- Heat the oven to 170°C / 350°F degrees fan.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a small, round bun and arrange all of the buns on a baking pan with a baking paper in large intervals.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Cool the buns and fill with your favorite paste.