Now here is an idea for when you don't have time to bake but you still need some tasty treats ASAP. It will actually take you longer to read this recipe than to make it! And that sounds like a win-win to me!
With ingredients you probably already have at home, you can easily make this cake for yourself. Better yet, you can also teach your kids this recipe and let them make their very own mug cake.
This mug cake is egg free and dairy free so it's actually vegan and you can of course change the amount of sugar according to your taste - just keep in mind that the cocoa powder is very bitter and if you want a sweet cake, you need some sugar.
Another important thing to mention is that every microwave is different, so you might want to change the cooking time according to your microwave. But enough about that, let's make this moist and delicious chocolate mug cake already!
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoon water
- 2 dark chocolate cubes
- In a mug, place all of the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well to a unify batter.
- Push one dark chocolate cube in the batter and add the second one on top.
- Place the mug in the microwave for 1:20-1:30 minutes.
- Dig in and enjoy!