Moist yummy carrot cake with quick frosting. Non-dairy recipe, quick and easy.
Let’s just forget for a minute that fall is here! Why? Because it doesn’t need to be such a chilly season for you to crave carrot cake, now does it? Didn’t think so! You will simply love this incredibly moist carrot cake with its creamy frosting.
My favorite part about this recipe is that it’s quick to make and doesn’t require any fancy equipment either! Come on, that’s the dream, guys. For those of you who aren’t fans of frostings or if you don’t happen to have the ingredients on hand, then try the cake as it is, without any frosting at all. Or, you can just sift a little powdered sugar on top. Note that the cake alone isn't very sweet since it only contains ⅓ cup of sugar.
- 3 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (70 grams) demerara sugar
- ¼ cup (50 grams) pecan nuts optional
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
For the frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon boiling water (depends on the thickness you want for the glaze)
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F degrees with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, carrots, and eggs.
- Add cinnamon and oil - mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and pecans.
- Add the flour mix to the carrot mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, put the powdered sugar and add 1 tablespoon of boiling water.
- Whisk well and add another tablespoon of boiling water.
- Only if it's not turning into a shiny glaze should you add another tablespoon of boiling water and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth and has no lumps.
- Cool the cake at room temperature.
- Pour the glaze on the cake.
- Cut yourself a piece and enjoy!