Thanksgiving is about to hit us in no time and during this holiday, one of the most well-known dishes to serve, besides turkey, is cornbread. Fluffy, sweet and yummy as a side dish and also for breakfast the day after.
If you have vegetarian family members and friends, you have to serve them something other than meat and this cornbread is a great option. My recipe for cornbread is full of flavor and has a little crunchy texture, what else could you ask?
This easy and quick cornbread recipe comes out delicious every time and your family and friends will be thankful. Trust me, they’ll be asking for more. The recipe is so simple, you can't go wrong.
Using only one bowl, one tin and 30 minutes of baking and you're ready to munch on this great dish. Sounds like an easy dish to add to the menu, no?
For a non-dairy cornbread check out my parve cornbread recipe
I hope you'll enjoy this cornbread, Happy Thanksgiving!
- ¼ cup (50 grams) melted butter
- 1½ cups cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F fan.
- Grease a baking pan with the melted butter.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients well to a unify batter.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly golden.
- Slice up a piece and Happy Thanksgiving!