When I think about corn in my food, I start to feel a Mexican vibe and immediately I want to add beans and some spicy salsa to the plate. This simple recipe can be used for different meals and with any flavor that you prefer.
As always, this recipe is also very easy to make and can be a great side dish, a snack or a vegetarian sandwich with more vegetable layers on top and a swipe of mayo. When you need a quick meal, these fritters are the perfect choice!
My family likes these corn patties especially and they have become our favorite solution lately because of the intense summer heat, we want to keep our meals lighter.
These corn patties can be also served as an appetizer for a big meal, just don't forget to serve them with a nice dip, such as my lentil dip or edamame dip.
You can buy frozen corn patties but I prefer to make my own, that way I know exactly what is inside of them and I avoid any preserving ingredients. If you want to go the extra healthy mile and you prefer not to fry the corn patties, you can also bake them at a 180°C / 350°F for 20-25 minutes; flip them after 10 minutes to have an even golden coat.
Lastly, I used canned corn so you can make this recipe all year long but it is better to use fresh corn if you can get it.
- 1½ cups (8.5 oz. | 285 grams) sweet corn kernels
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper by your taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Blend half of the amount of corn kernels in a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix well all the ingredients.
- Heat the oil on a wide pan.
- With your hands, create patties from the batter.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Dip in your favorite dip and enjoy!