Cottage cheese buns need just 5 ingredients (not including the garnish) and can be whipped up in 15 minutes! That sounds like heaven. They are so easy to make, you might just be surprised.
These quick buns are a lifesaver when I want to create a quick dinner and I also do not want to wait because everyone is hungry already. (I bet that sounds familiar!) They go very well with salad and can also be used as a starter for a dairy meal or even for breakfast. Basically, any time of the day that you’re craving yummy buns!
Because cottage cheese has a lumpy texture, when you are using it to bake buns, you will get a unique texture with a different look than other buns you’ve seen. The taste is delicious, obviously, and if you like sweet buns you can add a bit of sugar to the dough.
Try these easy cottage cheese and tell me how it went in the comments below, here is the recipe:
Cottage Cheese Buns
- 1 cup (heaping) cottage cheese (I use 5% fat)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Sesame seeds or any other seeds or garnish that you like.
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F fan.
- In a bowl, mix well the cottage cheese with salt and eggs.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Continue to mix only until it’s unified.
- Prepare a baking pan with baking paper on it.
- With wet hands, create small balls from the dough and place on the baking pan with intervals.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the buns.
- Bake the buns for 15 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature