Chocolate chip cookies are a classic dessert and I have never met anyone who said they didn’t like it. I already shared a chocolate chip cookie recipe on my blog, in fact it's one of the first recipes I shared when I just started out! I mean, chocolate chip cookies are a dessert everyone should know how to make, it's a baking essential!
This time around, however, I am sharing a non-dairy version of chocolate chip cookies to fit a Friday night dinner dessert or any occasion where you need dairy free (parve) cookies.
The baking time is very quick - only 10 minutes! So if you are debating whether you should make these cookies now, you can stop. You will have your delicious cookies so fast, all you need to do start mixing the ingredients!
Here is the recipe for these yummy, easy and quick non-dairy chocolate chip cookies:
Parve Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate, 66% cocoa)
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, vanilla, oil and eggs to a smooth batter.
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the first bowl with the batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- On a baking pan lined with baking paper, place a quantity of a little less than a tablespoon of the batter in large intervals.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Have a chocolate chip cookie, or two, and enjoy!