I was inspired to try this recipe when I read this specific recipe of vegan Crème Brulee. Since I didn’t want to cook this recipe full vegan, I decided to switch the almond milk to regular milk. If you are looking for a vegan version, just switch the milk back to almond.
The ingredients used for this recipe remind me of another known recipe in the Middle East – Malabi. Malabi also uses rose water, but I think it kind of tastes like soap! It’s a bit like Tapioca, so it’s one of those either you like it or you don’t kind of desserts. Without using rose water, you get this easy Malabi crème brulee dessert. If you don’t own a burner maybe it’s time to buy one or just bake the cups a few minutes to get the sugar crust on top.
Eggless Cream Brulee
- 6 tablespoon demerara (light brown) sugar
- Place all of the ingredients in a small pot.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes while whisking constantly.
- When you see the batter thickening, pour the batter into 6 small cups.
- Wrap the cups with plastic and place in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of demerara sugar on each cup and burn the tops with the burner.
- Place again in the fridge for 5 minutes to let the burned sugar set.
- Dig in and enjoy!