After watching Jamie Oliver create Sweet Potato Muffins, I was inspired to make my own. Especially as I made various changes to the recipe to suit my taste.
The recipe is super easy to make and these muffins are great for breakfast on-the-go, in a lunch box for your kid, as a side dish with a bowl of soup or as a snack if you wish, just choose any excuse to eat them lol 🙂
These Sweet Potato Muffins are healthier since we are using whole-wheat flour and the sweet potatoes themselves are very healthy and rich with flavor. I chose to garnish the muffins with nigella seeds, although you can choose any garnish, any seeds will work for this recipe.
You will need only one bowl and a spoon to mix the batter! Feel free to use either muffin cases or a muffin tin to bake this delicious treat. I used silicon muffin cases this time to try to avoid waste, I think I will stick to this method with every cupcake and muffin that I bake from now on, it is so much easier and the cases don’t stick to the muffin.
The recipe yields 12 small muffins. Check out my version to Jamie Oliver's Sweet Potato Muffins:
Sweet Potato Muffins
- 2 cups (300 grams) grated sweet potato
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (25 grams) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon nigella seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F degrees with fan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients to a unified batter.
- Grease the muffin tin or prepare muffin cases, if you use silicon cases you don’t need to grease them.
- Divide the batter evenly in the cases.
- Sprinkle nigella seeds on the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Have a muffin and enjoy!