Shavuot is this week! Are you ready to prepare and eat all the delicious quiches, salads, and cheesecake? If you’re still looking, I have another delicious savory muffin recipe you can include in this festive meal. Somehow every year I share muffin recipe just before Shavuot, last year it was corn muffins, and this year its quinoa broccoli and cheese muffins - YUM!
These quinoa broccoli cheese muffins are gluten-free and in fact, are a great recipe for Passover as well (if you eat quinoa over Passover that is).
With only 6 ingredients and short baking time, you can munch on these muffins that are full of flavor and very satisfying!
The ingredients for these muffins include cooked quinoa, cooked and chopped broccoli, mozzarella cheese, eggs, and salt and pepper for flavor.
I like to cook quinoa like pasta - in a pot with boiling water. For the broccoli, I do the same and cook it in a pot with boiling water but for shorter time. I chose to use mozzarella in my muffins, however, you can switch it to cheddar or any other hard cheese that you prefer.
If you have any extra cooked quinoa then you can also make quinoa salad for the holiday as well.
These muffins can be considered healthy since they are gluten-free and also have quinoa and broccoli in them.
To "glue" all the healthy ingredients in these muffins, I used eggs so you can call these muffins, egg muffin cups as well.
Get started making this delicious quinoa broccoli cheese muffins:
Quinoa Broccoli Cheese Muffins
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked and chopped broccoli
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup grated mozzarella (+ 2-3 tablespoons more for sprinkling on top)
- Salt and pepper by your taste
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Grease a muffin tin or set muffin cases to be filled.
- Pour the batter to the tins/cases.
- Sprinkle the extra cheese on each muffin
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Have a muffin, or two, and enjoy!
- For the cooked quinoa, I like to cook it like pasta - in a pot with boiling water.
- For the cooked broccoli, I do the same and cook it in a pot with boiling water but for shorter time.