Picture this scene, it's probably one you've experienced before! Your friends just called and said they want to visit you at home; however you have nothing sweet at home to offer with a cup of coffee and you don't have time to run to the store. Don’t worry; I’ve got the perfect, easy recipe for you. These Almond Cookies take just 10 minutes to bake and four ingredients. Yes, really– this is such a simple and quick recipe that any person can master in minutes. Plus, your home will wind up smelling like a bakery and that's the cherry on top.
You probably already have the ingredients at home and seeing as how you only need four of them, they're not difficult to locate! Let's get started with this easy Almond Cookie recipe that your guests are sure to love.
- 2½ cups (200 grams) sliced blanched almonds
- Egg white of just one egg
- ⅓ cup (75 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 170°C / 350°F degrees with the fan.
- In a bowl: whisk sugar, the egg white, and vanilla extract until the sugar is well dissolved.
- Add the almonds to the bowl and mix them until the whole batter is "wet" and covered with the egg white.
- On a baking pan with baking parchment on it, pile little stacks of almonds.
- Bake for 7 minutes – less or more minutes depending on your oven. Look at the cookies to see that they are not burning – it could happen fast.
- Make a cup of coffee and enjoy an almond cookie