Irish Soda Bread
September 26, 2017
Funny name perhaps but it’s super tasty and easy to make - so it’s pretty much a win-win. In less than an hour your kitchen will smell like a bakery and what’s even better is that you will have fresh bread for dinner. Come on, it doesn’t get much better than that! Did we mention this recipe only takes less than an hour to complete? Oh we did? Well it really does make all the difference!
- 500 grams / 4 cups of flour
- 400 milliliters / 1& 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
For garnish- sesame seeds and poppy seeds (or any seeds of your choosing)
- 1. Heat the oven to 180°C / 360°F degrees with the fan.
- 2. In the mixer bowl, mix all of ingredients together with a kneading hook. Mix well until a ball of dough is created.
- 3. On a baking pan with baking paper, arrange the ball of dough and cut an X mark on top of the dough. The cut is important as it helps to bake the inside of the bread.
- 4. Bake for 40 minutes.
- 5. Cool at room temperature.
- Enjoy as is or have with a bowl of soup!