This tomato bread recipe is very easy to make and is also very yummy. But you should know to expect that from my blog by now! In less than an hour, you can have this lovely loaf for dinner. Now doesn't that just sound like music to your ears?
This bread is very rich in flavor and you do not need more than a bit of butter on top of a slice to really enjoy its flavor. It can be served with a bowl of soup or as a starter. I have it for breakfast as well and it is a great way to start the day!
You will need fresh cherry tomatoes for this bread, because they are small and don’t need to be cut to be tucked inside the batter. If you use cut tomatoes, they will only make the bread too soggy as they have a lot of liquid inside of them.
I hope you enjoy this delicious tomato bread loaf, check out the recipe below:
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (50 grams) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Set the oven to 220°C / 440°F fan.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients but the cherry tomatoes to a unify batter.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Pour the batter inside the greased pan.
- Tuck the tomatoes in the batter and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Have a slice and enjoy!