You can never go wrong with cheesecake. Ever. And this particular, easy recipe for a classic cheesecake is one I got from my mom, so that’s how I know it’s one of the best recipes around. (Thanks, mom!)
Usually many recipes for cheesecake require water baths (setting a pan of hot water in the oven) and a lot of steps are involved, however the recipe I am sharing is less airy because you DON’T need a water bath. Phew. Guys, it’s also a mouth-wateringly delicious recipe that isn’t complicated to make either. Let's call that a win, shall we?
In addition, you only need one bowl to make this easy cheesecake, although it also has a base and a filling. But hey, you only need to wash one bowl?? Count me in.
If you are looking for other types of cheesecake recipes, I have shared a few amazing recipes already! Take a look at the Festive Cheese Tart Recipe, the Individual Crumb Cheesecake recipe or the easy and quick Raspberry Sour Cream Bread . You can’t go wrong with any of the delicious recipes I’ve shared! OR, you can even whip them all up to enjoy!
Without further ado, here is the recipe for this easy and classic cheesecake:
For the base:
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (150 grams) melted butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
For the filling:
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 cups (500 grams | ~16 oz) gevina levana (I used 5% fat)(if you are outside of Israel and can't get it use sour cream or cream cheese)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup (50 grams) melted butter
- 1 cup (220 grams) sour cream
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the base ingredients well.
- In a greased baking tin (9x13), flatten the base and set aside.
- In the same mixing bowl, mix all the filling ingredients well.
- Pour on top of the base.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes.
- Have a piece and enjoy!
Leave a Reply