The tricky part when you buy granola is the fact that you never really know what all the ingredients are or how sweet it’ll taste. Many times, it contains a lot more sugar than what you actually want to consume. Which is why I prefer homemade granola because then I have control over the ingredients and that makes all the difference.
Don’t forget that you don’t have to eat granola as is; you can add it to a bowl of yogurt too. Or even pudding. As a dessert or in your smoothie bowl. The possibilities are endless! This Homemade Granola recipe can be vegan if you don't use honey. Note that I tried to keep the recipe healthy as possible and it still tastes delicious! As always, the recipe is super easy to follow and the outcome granola is so good.
You can find more breakfast recipes on my breakfast recipe index.
Here is the recipe for this yummy homemade granola:
- 4 cups (500 grams) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (50 grams) pecan nuts
- ¼ cup (50 grams) walnuts
- ¼ cup (50 grams) almonds slivers
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon unsweetend coconut shreds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup date syrup (silan)
- ¼ cup maple syrup OR honey (if you prefer - add both according to your taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 160°C / 325°F degrees with the fan.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Be sure to mix well until all is coated with the date syrup, honey and maple syrup.
- On a baking pan with baking paper, arrange the entire mass in an even spread.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes mix the mass on the pan (be careful as it’s hot) and then continue baking.
- Cool the granola at room temperature. Save in a closed box or jar.
- Eat as is or add to yogurt.