Do you have a jar of cookies in your house that are always filled with delicious cookies to munch whenever you want? I definitely have a jar like this! And every week or so, I bake some new, fresh cookies to add to the jar. There is nothing like the smell of fresh homemade cookies straight out of the oven and in most cases, it’s only 10 minutes of baking so it doesn’t even take long! Today, I am sharing with you the most simple and homey cookie recipe to fill your cookie jar - Orange cookies!
Orange zest is what makes these cookies orange cookies. All you need is one orange zested to add fragrant and fresh flavor. You don’t need frosting or any extra processing steps. The bonus is that these cookies are also parve!
To make the cookies, you will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, an egg, vegetable oil, and orange zest. That's it! Just a few simple ingredients and you will be eating these perfect cookies in no time. If you want, you can change the orange zest to lemon zest and make lemon cookies instead.
The process of making the cookies is just mixing everything together to create the dough, if the batter is too dry then add 1-2 tablespoons of water to help it come together. Then roll the dough between 2 baking papers, cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Done!
The cookies are chewy and full of orange aroma and flavor. Be careful when you reach for one cookie because you might end up having 3 or 5! LOL
For more yummy cookie recipes on my blog, check out my cookie recipe index.
Go ahead and start baking these fragrant orange cookies:
Pareve Orange Cookies
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon (approximately) zest of one orange
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, oil, egg, and the orange zest.
- If the batter is too dry then add 1-2 tablespoons of water to help it come together.
- Transfer the dough to a baking paper and cover it with another baking paper.
- Roll the dough between the 2 papers.
- Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Have a cookie or three and enjoy!