The holidays are and always will be family time, and what can be more indulging than a glass of hot cocoa with your favorite people on a cold day? A glass of homemade hot cocoa is something that’s very easy to make and most likely, you already have all the ingredients needed!
When you make homemade cocoa from scratch, then you are in control of the amount of sugar added to the drink - which is very important especially during the holidays when we are all guilty of eating far more than usual!
This time, I decided to use serving glasses (super cute dot-dot glasses, no less) from ZAK Design Europe. Originally, the glasses are meant for coffee, but come on, how else are you supposed to sip and enjoy a hot cup of cocoa? The design is eclectic and fun, and moreover, you can even buy them as a gift for your loved ones. The glasses come with a little teaspoon which is made from melamine like most of the company products.
Here is the recipe for this yummy homemade hot cocoa:
- 2 cups milk (any type you prefer)
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar add less or more depend on your flavor
- Mini marshmallows
- In a small pot, add the milk and vanilla extract. Cook on high until almost boiling – in this case, watch the pot boil as it happens quickly and you don’t want the liquid sticking to the pot.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa, sugar, and salt
- Pour the hot milk on the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour into the glasses.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows.
- Sit back, relax, and warm up with a cup of hot cocoa!