Savory muffins are a great solution for an on-the-go breakfast or an idea for an easy dinner when you are tired of your regular evening routine. You will not have to wash many dishes either for this easy recipe (thank goodness!), just one bowl and a spoon.
These muffins can be vegan if you switch the 2 eggs to applesauce (¾ cup applesauce). The recipe is somewhat healthy too because of the use of oats. If you want to take it one step healthier, you can switch the flour to spelt flour.
The recipe can work with any toppings as well like cut vegetables, olives, cheese, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds etc. In general, any pizza topping can work here too. I used peppers, olives, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. If you are picky, it can also be plain but I think a topping really adds flavor to these savory muffins.
The muffins can be baked in a cupcake tin or in paper muffin cases. No difference in the outcome.
Let's get started! Check out the recipe below for these savory muffins:
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups water
- Peppers, olives, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Set the oven to 180°C / 360°F fan.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients to a unify batter.
- If you are using a cupcake tin, make sure to grease it well. If you are using muffin cases, just prepare them to be filled.
- Pour the batter to the tins/cases.
- Add the toppings on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Have a muffin slice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply