Once again, I am sharing a recipe I already shared however this time it's in a vegan, parve (kosher) version. The coconut treats I shared first were made with butter which is easy to substitute into a vegan product if you use coconut oil and even better, it fits the taste of coconut for this easy dessert. This way, the recipe can fit more people and occasions. I find these coconut treats very nice after a heavy meal when you still want a small bite of something sweet. A massive chocolate cake isn't always the answer.
As usual, the recipe is super easy to follow and you only need 3 ingredients to make it. So what are you waiting for?
I designed the treats in patriotic colors and they can fit Independence Day celebrations, you can also color the coconut treats in your country's colors if you are outside of the US/UK or if your flag is in different colors or you can simply keep them white and not color them at all.
Hope you enjoy these sweet vegan coconut treats!
Vegan Coconut Treats
- ½ cup (100 grams) melted coconut oil
- ⅞ cup (100 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (100 grams) unsweetened desiccated coconut
For the Coating
- ⅔ cup (40 grams) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- In a small bowl, mix coconut oil, sugar and 100 grams / 1 cup of fine shredded coconut together.
- Create small balls with your hands.
- Place 40 grams / ⅔ cup of fine shredded coconut on a plate.
- Roll the balls into the coconut which is on the plate.
- Place the plate with the balls in the refrigerator for half an hour for solidifying.