Shavuot is over and guess what? I still have a lot of sour cream and grated cheese in my fridge! Instead of throwing it out or wondering what in the world I’ll do with these leftovers...I have the perfect recipe to share to help finish off the leftovers you might have - plus, it makes an easy dinner too. If you have a lot of mushrooms, whip up my creamy mushroom soup too!
Pretty much everyone loves quiche and this one is a crowd pleaser in our home. And I love mushrooms so whipping up this recipe is my favorite.
This mushroom quiche recipe is crustless which makes it even easier to make, besides sautéing the onions, you just whip the ingredients in one bowl and throw it in the oven. That’s it!
In Israel, we use gevina levana (white cheese) in pastries and outside of Israel, it might be hard to find so you can use sour cream instead. The other cheese I used is shredded cheddar cheese, however you can use any shredded cheese that you like and have at home.
Additionally, I used a tin can of mushrooms but you can also use fresh mushrooms. Totally up to you!
If you need a parve quiche recipe, check out my zucchini quiche recipe. It is SO good!
Here is the delicious recipe for this easy and flavorful mushroom quiche:
- 2 onions cubed
- 2 tablespoon any vegetable oil
- 1 tin can mushrooms (400 grams / ~14oz)
- 2 cups (500 grams) gevina levana (or sour cream)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar / mozzarella or something similar)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon cut chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a pan, sauté the onions until they brown a little.
- Set aside to cool.
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- In a greased baking tin (9x13), pour the batter.
- Bake the quiche for 45-50 minutes.
- Have a piece and enjoy!