Zucchini is one vegetable that works great in quiche. If you need a non-dairy kosher-parve version of zucchini quiche, I have the perfect recipe for you - keep reading.
This recipe is very easy thanks to the fact that it's also crustless, there’s no need for blind baking, rolling and freezing dough, just one bowl and a spoon to mix the batter. Well actually a pan too as you need to sauté the onions but let’s focus on the easiness of this recipe.
This parve crustless zucchini quiche is delicious and can be a great side dish or a main dish if you have a vegetarian guest over. It goes well as a light lunch with a salad or soup and my family loves this quiche very much.
I use light skin zucchinis because they tend to have a less bitter taste, if you cannot find them and want to use the darker ones, just peel them to reduce their bitterness. Yellow zucchinis will work great too. I hope you enjoy this easy quiche.
Recipe yields about 16 portions, I bake it in a 24cm / 9.5 inch pan
Let’s get started for the ultimate recipe for parve crustless zucchini quiche:
Parve Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper (as much as you like)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions cut to small cubes
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a pan, sauté the onions with the olive oil until they are tender and change color.
- Set aside to cool.
- Grate the zucchinis into a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, eggs, flour and baking powder and mix well with the zucchinis.
- Add the cooled onions and mix well.
- Grease a baking pan (I used a 9.5-inch round glass pan, although any type of pan will work.)
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the greased pan evenly.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature and serve.