What could be better than creamy pasta for dinner? Creamy pasta that contains pumpkin! Obviously.
Now, I can continue the theme of orange dishes on the blog forever, because I just love it. However, this time around, a simple pasta sauce gets a pumpkin upgrade and creates the ultimate taste explosion, YUM.
Alfredo sauce is an Italian classic everyone loves. Originally the recipe only calls for butter and parmesan cheese. Over the years though, the recipe evolved and cream was added. Now I choose to add pumpkin puree and spices to make it special for the fall season!
Because of the cream butter and cheese, the dish is pretty heavy and you can choose to lighten the meal with a nice, crisp salad.
Usually the Alfredo sauce is served with fettuccine pasta because it can hold the sauce better since it's wider and has more surface. I used spaghetti and it was fine. The sauce didn’t stay on the plate so I think you can use any pasta shape you like. Just try and see what works for you.
To garnish the dish, I used chopped chives but you don’t need to garnish the dish if you prefer not to. Or you can use another herb that you like and think can fit the dish.
I used half a box of pasta because I only made it for me and my husband. Therefore, the recipe yields 2 dishes. If you need more, simply double the ingredients.
If you have extra pumpkin puree and are wondering how to use it, check out my pumpkin spice latte recipe,pumpkin loaf cake recipe or my pumpkin smoothie bowl recipe. ‘Tis the season for pumpkin!
Here is the recipe for this delicious Pumpkin Alfredo:
- ½ pound (250 grams) pasta
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Small bundle of chive
- In a pan, sauté the garlic with butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream, pumpkin puree and spices and cook for 5 minutes on high.
- Add the parmesan cheese and continue cooking until it melts and the sauce is unified.
- Keep cooking the sauce on low to keep it warm.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta by the instructions on the box.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the sauce.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with cut chives and serve.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Leave a Reply