This savory almond meal bread is so good and if you just started a gluten-free diet, it is perfect for you! This bread actually made me think about Tu BiShvat which is this month, the almond trees are blooming and it is so beautiful to celebrate the new year of the trees. If I already mentioned a Jewish holiday, another interesting fact is that this almond bread happen to be kosher for Passover! This year Passover comes very early (at the end of March) and I read some people already started planning their cleanings and how to get rid of chamets. So if you are also collecting recipes to cook during the holiday, this bread can be added to your list.
With only 6 ingredients and a few minutes of mixing everything, you are one step from having this beautiful almondy bread.
The ingredients for this almond bread are eggs, almond butter, almond meal (ground almonds), salt, baking soda, and apple vinegar. The outcome of the loaf resembles a cake but it is not a big and tall loaf. The slices will be rather small but very satisfying. The bread is savory and has no sugar in it at all.
You can make small sandwiches with this bread or use it for a toast made with a sandwich press. Another option is to make French toast with it. I love when recipes can work in so many different ways!
This almond bread is full of almond flavors because we are using almond butter and almond meal. The bread is moist, soft, and just delicious!
Let's start making this tasty almond bread:
Savory Almond Bread
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple vinegar
- Set the oven to 170°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, place the 4 eggs and beat them well.
- Add the almond butter and salt and mix well.
- Add the almond meal and mix.
- Add the baking soda in one place and on top of it, directly place the apple vinegar. This will make bubbles that help the bread be more light and airy.
- Mix the batter well.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Have a slice and enjoy!