Who doesn't love pizza for lunch or dinner? I mean I might even eat it cold the next day, nothing wrong with leftovers. I'm sharing an easy way to have pizza without the effort of making dough. It is not just that it's a no yeast dough; it is no dough at all! This recipe can be a refreshing idea for a low carb dinner for your family. Just don't tell them that. 🙂
These mini pizza bites are also perfect when you have guests over and you want to serve them some canapés or appetizer before the main dish or you can serve them as small nibbles with a drink. Moreover, they are fun to make with kids; they can help with topping them and they'll feel like they made their own pizza bites.
Because there is no dough here, this recipe fits anyone who wants to avoid gluten but still wants to have pizza. You can use any type of cheese or vegan substitute cheese that you prefer. The tomato sauce I used is an Italian tomato passata, which is a liquid tomato puree. You can use any type of tomato sauce but I really recommend that you stick to Italian products while making pizza, after all they invented it.
The classic topping, I chose for the pizza bites are olives, but you can change this to any topping that you want like mushrooms, tomatoes or even no toppings at all - it is up to you and your guests/family. One last word about the ingredients - do not forget the basil leaves, they add a special aroma and taste to the pizza.
I hope you like this recipe and if you are looking for a gluten free pizza crust , try my almond flour pizza crust. For more dinner idea check my dinner recipe index.
Sweet Potato Mini Pizzas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup tomato sauce - passata
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or another cheese you like
- 10 olives cut to rings
- Few basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper by your taste
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F fan.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them to thin discs.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes on a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Brush the sweet potatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on them and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven but don't turn off the oven yet.
- With a teaspoon, place tomato sauce on each sweet potato piece.
- Add the shredded cheese and the olives rings on top.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Decorate with the basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply