Now that Purim is over, it’s time that we start thinking about Passover. In one month, it’ll be here and everyone will start to arrange their kitchen and get rid of all chametz. I have the perfect zucchini pasta bake for you that is an easy dinner to whip up and to use the pasta, win-win!
I got this recipe from my sister and originally it was a tuna pasta bake. Since my blog is vegetarian, I switched the tuna to zucchini instead. If you want, you can still use tuna, just 2 small cans are enough.
The reason I chose zucchini as a replacement is because the recipe calls for preserved lemons and lemon flavors work very well with zucchinis. The amount of the preserved lemons is not so big in the recipe but they do add that little kick and elevate the flavor so don’t skip it! I used this brand of preserved lemons. Besides that, you will need grated cheese, cream, and breadcrumbs for topping.
This pasta bake is very rich in flavor and is even better the day after if you have any leftovers.
In this recipe, the pasta needs to be precooked and then you bake it with the rest of the ingredients. I shared a creamy mushroom pasta bake recipe on the blog where you don’t need to precook the pasta if you prefer. Another idea for the pasta before Passover is making pasta salad.
Here is the recipe for these delicious zucchini pasta bake:
Zucchini Pasta Bake
- 1 pound (500 grams) pasta cooked by the box instructions
- 3 grated zucchinis
- ¼ cup chopped preserved lemon
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups grated cheese – I used mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pepper by your taste
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl mix, all ingredients but the breadcrumbs to a unified batter.
- Grease a baking pan (9x13).
- Pour the pasta batter to the pan.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs.
- Cover the pan with tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and continue baking for 4-5 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
Leave a Reply