Zucchini is a summer squash, so it makes sense to enjoy it during...summer! This light and easy dish can be a snack served with drinks or a side dish for a big meal.
The recipe is pretty simple to whip up, just like most of the recipes on my blog. You don’t need many ingredients either - I have a feeling you’re going to enjoy this recipe!
Zucchini sticks can be fried and come out more like chips but I wanted to keep the dish on the healthy side and chose to bake them instead.
For the coating of the zucchini and to add more texture, I used panko breadcrumbs, however any kind of bread crumbs will work. I had them at home and simply wanted to use them. The "glue" for the breadcrumbs is a beaten egg.
The spices I used are dried oregano, salt and pepper. If you want, you can add chili flakes or paprika to upgrade the dish’s flavor even more.
Another great zucchini dish I shared on the blog is zoodles, if you have a lot of zucchinis then you should try this recipe too!
It’s time to make these delicious baked zucchini sticks:
- 3 zucchinis cut to sticks
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper by your taste
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix the panko bread crumbs with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add the beaten egg
- Prepare a baking pan with baking paper on top of it.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the zucchinis on the baking pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until bread crumbs start to golden.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Have a zucchini stick and enjoy!
Leave a Reply