June 22, 2017
As far as tasty cookies go, these butter cookies are easily a family favorite and super easy to make!
Ingredients: (for about 30 cookies, depending on the shape)
- 350 grams / 2.5 cups of flour
- 100 grams / 1/2 cup sugar
- 200 grams / 7/8 cup softened butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1. In a mixer bowl, start to mix butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- 2. Add the egg and continue to mix it until the egg is completely incorporated into the butter.
- 3. Gradually add flour and mix until you get a crumbly mixture.
- 4. Transfer the dough to a work surface and work with your hands until you get uniform dough without any lumps.
- 5. Place the dough in a baking sheet and shape into a disc shape. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can keep the dough in the refrigerator for a week.
- 6. Set the oven to 180°C - 350°F fan.
- 7. Let the dough sit in room temperature for 10 minutes before starting to work on the cookies.
- 8. On a floured surface, roll the dough until 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters in various shapes to your liking. Then on a baking pan with a baking sheet, place the cutouts 1 inch apart.
- 9. Bake 13-14 minutes or until edges are golden.
You should decorate the cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkles or with powdered sugar to not only enhance the taste but also the design.