June 22, 2017
I get commission for purchases made through links in this post. disclaimer
As far as tasty cookies go, these butter cookies are easily a family favorite and super easy to make!
Ingredients: (for about 30 cookies, depending on the shape)
- 350 grams / 2.5 cups of flour
- 100 grams / 1/2 cup sugar
- 200 grams / 7/8 cup softened butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a mixer bowl, start to mix butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the egg and continue to mix it until the egg is completely incorporated into the butter.
- Gradually add flour and mix until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and work with your hands until you get uniform dough without any lumps.
- Place the dough in a baking sheet and shape into a disc shape. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can keep the dough in the refrigerator for a week.
- Set the oven to 180°C - 350°F fan.
- Let the dough sit in room temperature for 10 minutes before starting to work on the cookies.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough until 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters in various shapes to your liking. Then on a baking pan with a baking sheet, place the cutouts 1 inch apart.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until edges are golden.
You should decorate the cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkles or with powdered sugar to not only enhance the taste but also the design.
To pin the recipe for later click here