You can never go wrong with cookies.
For this cookie recipe, I am sharing these easy-to-make granola cookies. All you need is one bowl and a spoon - yes that’s it. Okay, you need a few more ingredients but when it comes to utensils, you only need two things. Still, a super easy recipe to master. I call these cookies granola cookies but you can also call them oatmeal cookies.
The main ingredient is rolled oats. The other ingredients required are flour, butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pecan nuts.
For garnish, I added chocolate and sprinkles which are optional. But it’s up to you to add a garnish or not!
And then I got a bit creative I shaped the cookies into hearts. However, feel free to shape them as you wish.
These granola cookies are rich in flavor, sweet, and yummy. I like to have them with coffee or tea. They are a perfect snack and can even be considered a bit healthier than other snacks since they are homemade and contain oats.
For a non-dairy version of these granola cookies, check my out parve oatmeal cookies.
If you are looking for more recipes with oats, check out my oat recipe index.
And if you need more cookie recipes, head on over to my cookie recipe index for all the delicious cookie recipes.
Here is the recipe for these quick and easy granola cookies:
- 2 sticks (200 grams) softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 3.5 oz. (100 grams) dark chocolate
- Heat the oven to 160°C / 325°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients into a unified batter.
- Shape cookies with your hands.
- Place the shaped cookies on a baking pan with baking paper - place the cookies at intervals since they will expand as they bake.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the garnish: In a bowl, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30-second rounds.
- Drizzle the chocolate on the cookies and add sprinkles.
- Have a cookie and enjoy!