Brownies are one of THE classic desserts everyone knows and loves – and that is not an understatement! Everyone enjoys scarfing down this gooey, chocolatey dessert! As always, the recipe is easy to follow and naturally, the brownies are fudgy. I don’t really need to continue describing how delicious they are, now do I?
When it comes to making brownies, I like to garnish them with walnuts; some people like to add whipped cream or chocolate shavings on top. Or all of the above! You can never go wrong. I think these brownies are great with just a simple garnish on top, especially as the walnuts give the brownies more texture and truly fit this dessert.
I tried to make these brownies vegan using homemade applesauce and coconut oil to replace the eggs and butter, unfortunately it came out really bad! This is an instance where I do not recommend trying to make this recipe vegan. If you are looking for a vegan recipe then just click here to check out all of my vegan recipes, there’s plenty to choose from.
Last thing before we jump to the recipe, I made these brownies for 2 people, meaning the quantities of the ingredients are small. Sometimes its just me and my husband and I don’t want to eat brownies all week. If you need a small dessert for 2 this recipe is perfect for you. For a bigger cake, double all the ingredients and bake for 5 more minutes.
This recipe also happens to be gluten free which makes it perfect for Passover, what more do you need to know?! Check out the recipe below:
- 3.5 oz. (100 grams) dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup (75 grams) butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cornstarch / potato starch (if its during Passover)
- handful walnuts optional
- Set the oven to 170°C / 350°F with the fan.
- Grease a square pan (I used a 15 cm / 6" pan) and line with baking paper
- In a bowl, place the chocolate and butter.
- In the microwave, in 30 second rounds, melt the chocolate with the butter until completely smooth.
- Add sugar and salt to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Sift in the cornstarch / potato starch and mix until batter is unified.
- Pour the batter to the pan.
- Tuck walnuts to the batter evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool the brownies completely before cutting to squares.
- Have a brownie and enjoy!