As far as tasty cookies go, these butter cookies are easily a family favorite and super easy to make!
- 2½ cups (350 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 grams) sugar
- 2 sticks (200 grams) softened butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a mixer bowl, start to mix butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the egg and continue to mix it until the egg is completely incorporated into the butter.
- Gradually add flour and mix until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and work with your hands until you get uniform dough without any lumps.
- Place the dough in a baking sheet and shape into a disc shape. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can keep the dough in the refrigerator for a week.
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with fan.
- Let the dough sit in room temperature for 10 minutes before starting to work on the cookies.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough until ¼ to ⅜ inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters in various shapes to your liking. Then on a baking pan with a baking sheet, place the cutouts 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
You should decorate the cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkles or with powdered sugar to not only enhance the taste but also the design.