This easy recipe for crustless carrot quiche is exactly what you need to finish off a nice dinner. Enjoy this delicious vegetable based dinner with a salad!
Apart from sautéing onions, all you need to do is simply mix all the ingredients and bake it - very simple and quick!
On top of it all, this carrot quiche is parve (non-dairy) and fits more meals during the weekend or if someone is allergic to dairy.
To add flavor to the quiche, I used dill, garlic and whole spelt flour. They all fit the sweet carrot taste and create a yummy quiche.
To garnish the quiche, I sprinkled sesame seeds on the batter before baking, you can garnish with pumpkin seeds too or any other seeds that you like.
Since its still fall and carrots are an orange vegetable, it definitely fits the season. This quiche is just what the chilly weather called for, so what are you waiting for?
If you are having a quiche party and are looking for more quiche recipes, be sure to check out my zucchini quiche recipe or my mushrooms quiche recipe, both are delicious and easy to make!
Here is the recipe for this easy and yummy carrot quiche:
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 onion cubed
- 2 tablespoon oil (for sautéing the onion)
- 5 eggs
- 5-6 peeled and grated carrots
- Bundle of dill - cut fine
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a pan, sauté the cubed onion for 3-4 minutes until it starts to change its color to brown.
- Set aside to cool a bit.
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until it creates a unified batter.
- Grease a pan (9x13 or any other shape you want).
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the quiche.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool the quiche at room temperature.
- Have a piece and enjoy!
Leave a Reply