Many of us are still preparing for Shavuot and if you are craving some chocolate cake for the holiday then you want to keep reading! I have a creative way of combining chocolate cake with cheesecake so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds. This is a delicious recipe for Marble Cheesecake Brownies - I'm drooling just writing that. And it's not that complicated either, you just need to make brownies and add marble cheesecake batter!
For me, brownies always need to have butter in it. I don’t like making it parve with oil because it turns to just regular chocolate cake and loses the fudgy texture. So I figure that if the brownies are already diary, I want to embrace it and why not add the cheesecake to it too? Win-Win! You make the brownies special for the holiday with the addition of holiday staple dessert- cheesecake.
This marble cheesecake brownie is not a big cake so it can also be your second dessert for the kids if they like only chocolate desserts or if you have many guests for the holiday and need more than one dessert. I used a 20x20cm (8x8 inch) pan but any square pan will fit, note that if you use a very big pan the outcome will be very low, thin brownies.
To create the marble look of these yummy brownies, you need to mix the 2 batters in 2 separate bowls, then pour the brownie batter to the pan, and pour over it the cheesecake batter. With a spatula or a tablespoon, mix gently to create the nice marble look.
For the cheesecake batter, I used gvina Levana 5%, and if you live outside of Israel then you can use cream cheese.
These brownies are fudgy and full of rich flavor. The center is gooey and you can't resist having brownie after brownie. The combination of the creamy cheesecake with the yummy brownies is just so good, makes me wonder why don’t we always have brownies this way?
The recipe happens to be gluten free and can fit Passover too if you use potato starch instead of cornstarch for the cheesecake batter.
For more Shavuot recipes, be sure to check out my Shavuot recipe index.
Here is the recipe for this yummy gluten free marble cheesecake brownies:
Marble Cheesecake Brownies
For the brownies batter:
- 3.5 oz. (100 grams) dark chocolate
- 1 stick (100 grams) butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup ground almond (almond meal)
For the cheesecake batter:
- ½ cup (100 grams) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 grams) gvina Levana 5% OR cream cheese if you are outside of Israel
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (for Passover use potato starch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- Pinch of salt
- Set the oven to 170°C / 350°F with the fan.
- Line a 20x20cm (8x8 inch) cake pan with a baking paper.
- In a bowl, place the chocolate and butter.
- In the microwave, in 30 second rounds, melt the chocolate with the butter until completely smooth.
- Add sugar and salt to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add the ground almonds and mix until the batter is unified.
- Pour the batter to the lined pan.
- In another bowl mix all the cheesecake batter ingredients well.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
- With a spatula or a tablespoon, mix gently to create the marble look.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool the brownies completely before cutting it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply