Who can say no to a piece of chocolate cake? And this time, I added pretzels to the cake!
The pretzels aren’t just a garnish, instead, it’s incorporated in the cake itself. You can feel the taste of the pretzels and the cake definitely has a pretzel crunchy texture. YUM!
The cake is non-dairy, aka Pareve, and perfect for the weekend and a special occasion, or in my case, just satisfying my sweet tooth!
To make the cake, you will need to grind the pretzels and it’s actually used as a kind of flour. You can crush the pretzels completely for a fine blend or leave little pieces to really feel like you are having pretzels - your choice. Whatever the case, it’s a Pretzel Chocolate Cake regardless of how ground the pretzels are.
The cake is more on the dry side and not so moist so I recommend that you don’t skip the chocolate cream topping.
To whip up this delicious cake, you simply mix everything together and put it in the oven to bake. Then you mix the chocolate cream ingredients and pour this chocolatey goodness over the cake. As a hint for the cake inside, I added more pretzels on top of the cream.
The cake flavors are sweet and salty and a piece will satisfy your every need! The cake is especially perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
Go ahead and start whipping up this mouthwatering pretzel chocolate cake:
Pretzel Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- 3 cups (150 grams) pretzels
For chocolate cream:
- 3.5 oz. (100 grams) dark chocolate
- ¼ cup soy milk
- Heat the oven to 160°C / 325°F with the fan.
- In a blender, crush the pretzels to small pieces or powder – your choice.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Pour the mixture to the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- In a bowl, place the chocolate and soy milk.
- Melt in the microwave in 30 seconds rounds.
- Mix well to a unify batter.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
- Garnish with more pretzels on the cream if you like.
- Have a piece and enjoy!