This week I want to share a delicious, quick and easy recipe for oatmeal cookies! These oatmeal cookies are a perfect fit for Tu BiShvat, although cookies are great any day of the week. The oatmeal cookies are non-dairy parve and I also added different flavors to make it more interesting. But, even without the added flavors, it's delicious as well!
I already shared granola cookies which are close to how these oatmeal cookies are made and I wanted to share a dairy-free recipe to enjoy over the weekend after meat meals, and that’s how this oatmeal cookie recipe came to be!
With only 7 ingredients and a few minutes of mixing, you are one step away from enjoying these yummy cookies with your tea or coffee. These cookies are also good as a light breakfast when you don’t have much time to have a proper meal. They will keep you full because of the oats in it.
The ingredients for these oatmeal cookies include rolled oats, sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs, and vegetable oil. For the added flavores I used dark chocolate chips, nondairy white chocolate chips, pecans, and slivered almonds. You can add any type of nuts you like or even dried fruits.
To whip up these oatmeal cookies, simply mix all ingredients in a bowl and then shape them into small balls with your hands. Place on a baking tray and bake for 12-13 minutes. That’s it! Quick and simple.
The outcome are soft and chewy cookies, which is exactly what you need.
Recipe yields 25 cookies approximately, depending on the size you make them
Let's start making this yummy parve oatmeal cookies:
Parve Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
For added flavors (optional)
- Dark chocolate chips
- Non-dairy white chocolate chips
- Pecan nuts
- Slivered almonds
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, place all ingredients.
- Mix well to a unified batter.
- Shape small cookies with your hands.
- Place each cookie on a baking pan with baking paper - place the cookies in intervals since they will expand a bit as they bake.
- Add the added flavors on the shaped cookies if desired.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Have a cookie or two and enjoy!