Ahh, yes, the classic chewy chocolate chip cookie is one that has everyone reaching for seconds. However my recipe offers a little twist so you can get the ultimate crunchy, chewy cookie. Plus the best part, you only need to wash one bowl! Now that sounds like heaven.
I've made this recipe so many times that sometimes I even leave the dough in the freezer for whenever I'm craving chocolate chip cookies. Bet you wish you thought of that earlier! Kidding. I mean, just about everyone is obsessed with a good cookie and why wouldn't we be? They're the ultimate comfort food that we just can't get enough of. Unless it's raisin, that's just plain wrong.
If you want to create thick chocolate chip cookies then stick the balls of dough in the freezer while the oven preheats! If you want to keep already baked cookies soft then you need to store them in an airtight container at room temperature, this lasts for up to five days. Also, make sure the cookies are completely cool before you store them. Moreover you can also add a piece of bread, a tortilla or an apple wedge to the top and bottom of the cookies in the container a day or two after you've baked them, or whenever the cookies start to get hard. The moisture from the bread/tortilla migrates to the cookie and makes them soft and chewy once more!
Take a look at the original recipe, although I’ve tweaked it for my own taste. My easy, 10 minute recipe can be found below. Let's get started!
Chocolate chip cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 360°F fan
- Mix the softened butter together with the light brown demerara sugar.
- Stir in the egg. Mix in the salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir in flour and chopped dark chocolate until the dough is uniform.
- Place a quantity of a little less than a tablespoon at large intervals on a baking pan
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are flattened and browned at the edges. Cool for full crunch.
- Eat the cookies as is or enjoy with a cup of milk!