Now here’s an idea of when you want to eat healthy but you’re looking for a change to that same old, regular salad you’re always eating, it’s time to try seaweed salad. Yes, it might sound a little odd, but it’s seriously delicious and it’s an easy recipe to follow.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you’ll have noticed I already shared a seaweed recipe- seaweed snacks. I truly think it is one of those vegetables that are seriously under estimated and that you only even consider eating it when having sushi, but guys you actually can have it in so many ways! Moreover, it is super healthy - rich with many minerals, iodine and more.
The wakame seaweeds come in a dry form. In order to consume them, you need to soak them in water for 5 minutes. In most Japanese recipes, the seaweed salad is just seaweed with cucumbers and rice noodles. I decided to add more vegetables and take out the noodles. Any firm vegetable can fit this salad recipe.
For more great salad recipes check out my salad recipe index
Give it a try and tell me how you enjoyed it on the comments! Here is the recipe for this yummy seaweed salad:
- 3 tablespoon dry wakame seaweed
- 2 carrots - shredded
- 1 red bell pepper - cut into small cubes
- 2 cucumbers - cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, place the dry wakame and cover with water. Set aside so that they’ll soften for 5 minutes.
- Cut all of the vegetables.
- Place in a salad bowl all of the vegetables and the soaked wakame. Pour the dressing.
- Mix well, dig in, and enjoy!