Don't we all just crave ice cream now and again? Even when it's winter, nothing can beat the taste. While this recipe name might be "ice cream", as it is a vegan recipe, it does not contain cream. The base for this vegan ice cream is frozen bananas. Sometimes vegans call it "nice cream" which is a fun name for this super easy dessert.
When freezing banana and blending it, you get a creamy texture that reminds you of actual ice cream, and that can make a vegan life's so much easier, especially during summer.
Because the base is that simple, you can add any flavor you like to it. It could be more frozen fruits, chocolate chips, crushed cookies, peanut butter or anything else that you like.
I choose to stay healthy and add dates to my vegan ice cream. The dates are sticky, gooey, and very sweet and it fits this ice cream very much!
By now, you should remember I already told you the recipe since it is that easy and simple but here is the vegan ice cream recipe:
Vegan Ice Cream
- 2 bananas peeled, cut to chunks and frozen
- Any flavor you wish to add - I added 5 pitted chopped dates
- In a blender, blend the bananas to a smooth cream.
- Add the dates and blend until they are well united with the cream.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours in a bowl, plastic box or a cake tin.
- Have a bowl of ice cream and indulge!