Passover is over and we are welcoming April as Spring ushers in! The weather is getting warmer and I’m already thinking about some no-bake desserts. This is why I am sharing an easy mousse recipe, it’s made with only 3 ingredients! Sounds perfect!
I had a lot of strawberries in my fridge and I wanted to use them before they got rotten. And that’s how this mousse recipe solved that problem.
To whip up this delicious mousse, you will need strawberries (frozen can work too), whipping cream, and sugar. Any other berry can work the same for this recipe if you’d prefer, like blueberries, raspberries, etc. You will need to use several kitchen tools and not just one bowl like most of my recipes but the outcome is completely worth it.
If you're worried about the amount of sugar in the recipe, don’t! It isn’t that much, just ⅓ cup. If you have tart strawberries then you can add more sugar to your taste.
The process of making the strawberry mousse starts by cutting the strawberries and blending them with the sugar. You save ¾ cup of the strawberry sugar mix to add the 2 layers look and the rest will be folded to the whipped cream. That’s it, all that’s left to do is to transfer the mousse to cups and let it set for 2 hours or overnight.
I used small cups to serve the mousse and created 2 layers. You can also use big cups or bowls and also have more layers if desired. If you have guests and you need to have a lot of desserts for everyone then you can double the ingredients. I didn’t garnish the cups but you can add more fresh strawberries or nuts on top, anything will work.
This yummy mousse is gluten-free and can be made parve as well, simply use non-dairy cream which makes it vegan too.
For more individual dessert recipes, be sure to check out my individual dessert recipe index.
The recipe yields approximately 10 small dessert cups, it depends on which cups/bowls you use.
Let's get started whipping up this easy and yummy strawberry mousse:
- 12.5 ounces (350 grams) fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cut the strawberries into small cubes.
- In a blender blend, the strawberries and sugar into a unified batter.
- Take ¾ cup of the strawberry batter and save for the layering.
- In the mixer bowl place the cream.
- Whip the cream with the whipping attachment to stiff peaks.
- Fold the remaining strawberry batter into the whipped cream until you get a pink unified mousse.
- Transfer the strawberry batter and the mousse to piping bags.
- Pipe layers of each to serving cups.
- Transfer the cups to set in the fridge for 2 hours or more.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply