This week I am sharing a beautiful, fancy dessert - white chocolate mousse with pistachio crumble and pomegranate seeds. Sounds mouthwatering, right? It is! I serve this tasty dessert in small cups because I like how you can see the layers of it. Each layer brings a new texture and flavor and together this little cup is the ultimate treat.
My family loves this delicious dessert and everyone is always asking for another cup!
White chocolate is usually very sweet and needs other flavors added on to help reduce the sweetness. The pistachios add a nutty flavor and the pomegranate seeds brings the much needed acidity and all together, that creates a perfect dessert.
I thought about making and testing this dessert a few months ago and I was just waiting for pomegranate season so I can incorporate fresh seeds and get the best flavors. Sometimes it is worth the wait for certain fruits and vegetables to be in season.
The recipe does require some work, you need to bake the crumble and whip the mousse but the final outcome is just beautiful and tastes so good!
The recipe yields approximately 18 small cups. I used espresso cups that contain 40 ml.
Here is the recipe for this festive white chocolate mousse with pistachio crumble and pomegranate seeds:
White Chocolate Mousse with Pistachio Crumble
For the mousse:
- 7 oz. (200 grams) white chocolate
- 1¾ cups (400 ml) whipping cream
For the crumble:
- 1 cup (100 grams) pistachio nuts
- 1 stick (100 grams) butter
- ⅞ cup (100 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 grams) sugar
- Pomegranate seeds
- Set the oven to 180°C / 360°F with the fan.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place the pistachios and begin to crush them into small pieces but not like a powder.
- Add the flour, butter and sugar and continue processing until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Transfer the crumbs to a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Set the crumbs aside to cool.
- In a bowl, place the white chocolate and whipping cream.
- In 30 second rounds in the microwave, melt the chocolate with the cream. You can also do it on top of a pot with boiling water - it just may take longer.
- The chocolate needs to melt completely and the batter needs to be smooth and unified.
- Cool the chocolate and cream batter in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a stand mixer with the whipping attachment, whip the cooled chocolate cream batter to stiff peaks.
- Place the mousse in a piping bag.
- Prepare the cups you want to use to serve the dessert with.
- Start building the layers - start with the pistachio crumble, pipe a layer of the white chocolate mousse and then add pomegranate seeds. Continue adding layers to fill the cups.
- Keep the cups in the fridge until you serve the dessert.
- Dig in!