In my last post I shared with you the Challah bread recipe! And I told you to wait for a bonus recipe – well here it is!
Use any leftover Challah bread and make French toast! Challah is perfect for French toast because it’s already a bit sweet and fluffy. Of course you can use any bread to make French toast but when you have leftovers, it’s a no-brainer.
French toast is usually a breakfast treat and perfectly with jam or melted butter. Plus you can add powdered sugar for an added sweet kick. I think the pictures say it all - I don’t really need to tell you it’s delicious and super easy to make! Let’s get started 🙂
- 4 pieces of sliced challah bread/any other bread
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) butter (for frying)
- Jam in any flavor you prefer
- Powdered sugar
- In a bowl, mix sugar, egg, milk, and cinnamon.
- Marinate the bread pieces in the bowl and let it soak up the batter.
- Heat a frying pan and melt the butter in it.
- Fry the soaked bread on both sides until golden.
- Serve while hot – add powdered sugar if you’d like.