Everyone has been in this situation: you bought delicious, very yellow bananas and all of a sudden, you’re left with a few that look totally dead in your fruit bowl. So what do you do with them? Throw them away? Heck no! My solution for you? Banana cookies! Yes, this really is a thing - you don’t have to make banana bread every time.
Switch it up! These easy to make cookies are dairy free and vegan, plus it only takes 10 minutes to bake. So all in all, what do you have to lose?
The cookies are soft and melt in your mouth. They have a lovely fragrance of banana and my family finished them within a few minutes! In fact, I had to make another batch just to take pictures!
The other ingredients in these yummy cookies are unsweetened shredded coconut, tahini and coconut oil.
Another idea for ripe bananas can be my easy vegan ice cream recipe, check it out here. If you are looking for more vegan recipes, then be sure to check out my vegan recipe index here.
Here is the recipe for these yummy vegan Banana Cookies:
- 1 banana
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- On a baking pan, lined with baking paper, place a quantity of a little less than a tablespoon of batter at large intervals.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Have a cookie, or four, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply